v1.0.2 (26 September 2022)
This is a quick update to the last release, with major improvements to filtering of analytics and logs. I hope this release brings parity with and even goes beyond the NextDNS web app with respect to analyzing your DNS usage.
- Filter your analytics views per device/client. This was a heavily requested feature that's now out :)
- Filter logs by device. You may now apply a device/client filter to the logs to study what each of your devices are accessing on the Interwebs.
- Major changes to the logs interface. Get even more information than before at one glance.
- All applied filters are shown at the top of the logs for context.
- You may now choose between ascending or descending sorts.
- Added support for managing Native Tracking Protection under 'Manage Configuration > Privacy'.
- View and manage your Denylist.
- View and manage your Allowlist.
- Add to deny/allow lists from anywhere else in the app—analytics, logs, etc. Just long-press or right-click on a domain to see the options.
- Filter logs with any domain/subdomain from the analytics view. Just long-press or right-click on a domain to see the option.
- Filter logs with any device from the analytics or all devices view. Just long-press or right-click on a domain to see the option.
- Apply device filter directly from any log entry. You may use this along with host name filtering—an AND condition filtering would apply in that case. Just long-press or right-click on any log entry to see the option.
- Quickly apply date/timestamp filters for both oldest and newest boundaries from any log using that log entry's timestamp. This may be used to filter down quickly to before or after a log entry.
- Add a new toggle under 'Settings > Customize Experience' to let you choose if you want to show your Device IDs along with their names. This is helpful if multiple devices are named similarly on NextDNS. For instance, if you have multiple iPhones all named 'iPhone’.
- Added a new, concise status view card design. The older, expanded form, while informative, moved around quite a bit as the status loaded. The new one is designed to take less space and stay about the same height in all states, making your interactions a bit more predictable. You may toggle this in 'Settings > Customize Experience'.
- Updated the interface of an individual log view to improve readability, and grouped items that are more relevant together than earlier.
- Improved analytics interface for clarity.
- Improved copy across the app for concision.
- Using the more appropriate 'Host' and 'Host Name' instead of 'URL' when describing domains or subdomains across the app.
- Device are shown with more clarity. You may also copy your device IDs now. Just long-press/right-click on your device to see options.
- Limited the number of countries that load under 'Traffic Destinations' to 15 to prevent the view to grow too much for users who access the vast corners of the interwebs. Don't fret—a new view to load all pages of each analytics category is coming soon.
- Slight improvements to Live Streaming interface.
- Accounts List view gets a more subtle footer indicating how to delete an account.
As always, feel free to reach out to me with any feedback or requests. Cheers :)
v1.0.1 (16 September 2022)
This is a massive release! A big thanks to all the folks who gave their feedback on Reddit and Email! A lot of your requests have been incorporated in this release, many more coming in future releases.
- Manage your NextDNS Configurations right on NextHub! You may now view and change various settings of your configuration. Just tap on the configuration card that you want to manage and find the option 'Manage Configuration' at the top of the view.
- Added the ability to view, update, and manage all Security related attributes for your NextDNS configuration. Supports all toggles and management of Top-Level Domain blocking.
- Added the ability to view, update, and manage all Privacy related attributes for your NextDNS configuration. Supports all toggles and management of Blocklists and Native Tracking Protection.
- All changes made under 'Manage Configuration' are immediately saved and updated with NextDNS.
- Authenticated App Access: You may now lock your NextHub with a passphrase and Face ID/Touch ID to prevent unauthorized access.
- Added an All Devices view. Here, you may list all devices connected to your configuration across all-of-time. Of course, this is limited by your log storage settings on NextDNS.
- Added a button that takes you to your NextDNS Account page when adding a new account to make it easy to copy your API Key.
- Added a button in settings that would take you to the NextHub Progress/Issue Tracker. You may track feature requests and have a view into what may come on NextHub in the future. You may also send in a request to the developer from this site.
- A subtle indicator would let you know when NextHub has been updated and some new features are available. The indicator would stay on until you view the 'What's New?' section under Settings.
- Added WHOIS lookup for domains in analysis and logs views (Using domaintools.com). Just long press or right click to see the option.
- Added address block lookup for IP addresses in analysis view (Using mxtoolbox.com). Just long press or right click to see the option.
- Filter logs from a log: Find all instances of a log's domain quickly. Just long press or right-click on a log item. Works in both static and streaming modes.
- Faster Data Refresh: Earlier, on coming back to the app after a while, you would see stale data on the main view, this would now be refreshed if it has at least been 10 seconds since last refresh.
- Improved Widget Content: Earlier, widgets would show empty state even if it previously had shown results. This was due to the device encrypting the API-Key when locked, disallowing the widget to update. I have added a cache to store and show the last known data until the widget is allowed to update.
- Improved Widget Data Refresh: The widget is refreshed on opening or closing of NextHub to ensure that you are left with the freshest data.
- Bolder font on the widget for easier reading of the content.
- Moved viewing the logs button to the configuration summary card in configuration detail view for easier access.
- The 'Top Devices' card now has an option to take you to view all your devices at the bottom. For those who run a myriad of devices under NextDNS, you are not limited anymore to only view 10 devices.
- Cleaned up the app settings view for conciseness. Some features are nested under 'Customize Experience'. Added descriptions for some toggles, so you know what you're controlling.
- Added buttons to quickly copy suggested shortcut names for enabling/disabling your NextDNS using the Shortcuts app. You will find this under the Setup Instructions section of the NextDNS Shortcuts settings option.
- Settings earlier had an option to toggle Haptic Feedback even on devices that did not have a Haptic Engine. You will now see this only where relevant.
- An issue where time range picker would have an inoperative text label on iOS 16 devices is now fixed. Thanks, K, for bringing this to my attention!
v1.0.0 (1 August 2022)
This is the first release of NextHub Remote.
- Add and manage multiple Next DNS accounts.
- Automatically fetch and manage multiple configurations under each added account.
- Main view with customizable summaries from different configurations across Next DNS accounts.
- Analytics for each configuration with time range filters.
- Analytics include Top domains, Top Blocked Domains, Line Chart to compare request types, Top IP Addresses, Top Devices, Top Traffic Destinations (countries), and many more,
- Full access to historical logs with powerful filtering and searching.
- Live Stream Logs with filtering and searching right on your device.
- Settings with customizations, reordering, and hiding toggle for Configurations.
- API Key is only stored encrypted in Keychain.",
- No tracking or analytics code introduced by developer. Your usage on this app is 100% private.
- Option to tip the developer. No features are hidden behind paywalls. The app is 100% free to use.
Developer - Vishal
Buy Me a Coffee